- 1 How do I reset my Sonicare toothbrush?
- 2 How long should a Sonicare toothbrush last?
- 3 Why is the yellow light flashing on my Sonicare toothbrush?
- 4 Why has my Philips Sonicare toothbrush stopped working?
- 5 Do Sonicare toothbrushes have a lifetime warranty?
- 6 What do you do if your Sonicare won’t charge?
- 7 Should I leave my Sonicare on the charger?
- 8 Can Sonicare battery be replaced?
- 9 How long does Philips Sonicare battery last?
- 10 What does W mean on Philips Sonicare?
- 11 Why has my electric toothbrush stopped charging?
- 12 How do I change the mode on my Sonicare toothbrush?
- 13 What do you do when your electric toothbrush stops working?
- 14 How do I fix the power button on my Philips Sonicare toothbrush?
How do I reset my Sonicare toothbrush?
Instructions on how to reset your Sonicare toothbrush
- Place your handle on the charger.
- Press and hold the power button together with the intensity button (intensity up) and the mode button for at least 2 seconds.
- You will hear 3 beeps and see the battery light flashing green.
How long should a Sonicare toothbrush last?
The average lifespan of a Sonicare toothbrush, according to consumers, is anywhere from two to five years, though they are said to occasionally last up to seven.
Why is the yellow light flashing on my Sonicare toothbrush?
Once your brush head is no longer effective or are worn out, the Brush Head Replacement reminder icon on the handle will blink amber. This indicates that it is recommended to change your brush head.
Why has my Philips Sonicare toothbrush stopped working?
The power button is stuck Toothpaste residue can build up in the small gap around the power button. This might cause the power button to get stuck and not function properly. Clean the power button and the area around it with a damp cloth to make sure it is free of debris.
Do Sonicare toothbrushes have a lifetime warranty?
How long is the warranty on a Sonicare electric toothbrush? The good news is that the brush is covered by a 2 year warranty/guarantee as standard.
What do you do if your Sonicare won’t charge?
If the battery will not recharge, the entire Sonicare toothbrush must be replaced. Place the bottom of the Sonicare toothbrush into the charger. Plug the charger into a live outlet. Allow the toothbrush to charge for 24 hours.
Should I leave my Sonicare on the charger?
You can always keep your Philips Sonicare Toothbrush on a plugged-in charger between brushing. This will not affect the battery lifespan of your toothbrush.
Can Sonicare battery be replaced?
The rechargeable battery inside your Philips Sonicare Toothbrush cannot be replaced. If you are discarding your Sonicare Toothbrush, you can remove its battery to recycle it.
How long does Philips Sonicare battery last?
Philips says the battery lasts 3 weeks on a charge. This is vastly superior compared on a similar toothbrush that uses a Ni-MH. I actually bought this toothbrush to replace a sonicare with a lithium ion battery that I had for 10 years.
What does W mean on Philips Sonicare?
Your Philips Sonicare toothbrush comes with three different intensity settings: low, medium, and high. The following toothbrush head models have BrushSync technology: C3 Premium Plaque Control, G3 Premium Gum Care, W3 Premium White, W DiamondClean.
Why has my electric toothbrush stopped charging?
Make sure you are not charging the toothbrush on a metal surface. The metal can interfere with the charging process. If they’re switched on while charging, they won’t charge correctly. The best thing to do is to put it on the charger for 30 minutes or so, and then try to switch it on.
How do I change the mode on my Sonicare toothbrush?
Your Sonicare Toothbrush gives you the option to choose between 3 different intensity levels: low, medium and high. Based on the brush head you attach, the intensity will be selected automatically. If you wish to change to a different intensity, you can do so by pressing the mode/intensity button while brushing.
What do you do when your electric toothbrush stops working?
How Can I Identify an Electric Toothbrush Problem?
- If the appliance doesn’t work at all, make sure the power is on at the outlet, then test the electrical cord and battery recharger with a multimeter and replace the cord or charger if needed.
- If the unit still doesn’t work, clean the charger post.
If the button cannot be pressed, there may be something below the button holding it down. To fix this, remove the brush from the toothbrush. Then, remove the bottom of the casing with a flat head screwdriver. If holding the toothbrush, lights facing up, depress two prongs in either side inside of the toothbrush.