- 1 Can I recycle my Philips Sonicare toothbrush?
- 2 Can I throw away an electric toothbrush?
- 3 How do I dispose of an electric toothbrush UK?
- 4 How long does a Philips Sonicare toothbrush last?
- 5 Can a Sonicare toothbrush be repaired?
- 6 How do you dispose of electronics?
- 7 How do you dispose of an electric toothbrush?
- 8 What do you do with old rechargeable batteries?
- 9 What do you do with your old electric toothbrush?
- 10 What do I do with my old electric toothbrush UK?
- 11 Can you recycle TePe?
- 12 Should I charge my Sonicare every night?
- 13 Why is the yellow light flashing on my Sonicare toothbrush?
- 14 Should I keep my toothbrush on the charger?
Can I recycle my Philips Sonicare toothbrush?
If you are discarding your Sonicare Toothbrush, you can remove its battery to recycle it.
Can I throw away an electric toothbrush?
An electric toothbrush contains plastic, batteries and electrical components. The batteries, in particular, should not be disposed with or amongst your ‘normal’ waste. The chemicals in the battery can be dangerous to the environment if disposed of amongst general waste that goes to landfills.
How do I dispose of an electric toothbrush UK?
There are two ways to recycle an electric toothbrush in the UK. Your local authority may collect small electrical items including your electric toothbrush. Visit your local council page to see if they collect small electrical items. This is usually found under ‘what can I Recycle.
How long does a Philips Sonicare toothbrush last?
Based on a typical use of brushing your teeth twice every day, for 2 minutes each time, your Sonicare electric toothbrush should last 3 weeks after a single complete recharge. This means you do not have to charge it every night.
Can a Sonicare toothbrush be repaired?
If the fault with your electric toothbrush falls under the terms of the warranty and is within its warranty period, the Sonicare toothbrush repair will be free. Often, Sonicare will send out a replacement brush to replace your faulty one, rather than have you wait for the broken Sonicare toothbrush to be repaired.
How do you dispose of electronics?
How do I get rid of electronics?
- Locate an electronics recycling facility in your town.
- Donate working electronics to local charities or nonprofits.
- Donate or sell your e-waste for parts.
- Check to see if your local retailers offer trade-in services or buy used goods.
How do you dispose of an electric toothbrush?
How To Recycle An Electric Toothbrush
- Re-use the electric toothbrush. If it is still working and there is nothing wrong with it then perhaps give it to someone else to use (change the brush head of course).
- Dispose of the brush (handle only) An electric toothbrush contains plastic batteries and electrical components.
What do you do with old rechargeable batteries?
Yes, rechargeable batteries can, and should be, recycled, usually at no cost to you. Where to recycle rechargeable batteries: Home improvement or office supply stores often accept these products for recycling by hosting a drop box from an organization like Call2Recycle. Find a drop box to recycle batteries near you.
What do you do with your old electric toothbrush?
These thrifty tips and tricks will have you excited to breathe new life into your old toothbrush.
- Use it to clean hard to reach areas in your home.
- Use it to clean kitchen utensils or jewelry.
- Use it as part of your manicure routine.
- Use it to remove stains from your clothing.
- Turn it into a mini power sander.
What do I do with my old electric toothbrush UK?
There are several ways to recycle an electric toothbrush in the UK.
- Kerbside collection. Your local authority may collect small electrical items such as electric toothbrushes if you arrange a kerbside collection.
- Recycling bring site.
- Recycling centre.
Can you recycle TePe?
All of the packaging for TePe interdental brushes is recyclable. All plastic waste from their manufacturing facility is recycled and re-used. ISO 140001 is a voluntary international standard for effective environmental management.
Should I charge my Sonicare every night?
Keep it on the charger every night and the battery will last 5-10 years. If you only charge it every 3 weeks, the battery will likely last 15-20 years. I actually bought this toothbrush to replace a sonicare with a lithium ion battery that I had for 10 years.
Why is the yellow light flashing on my Sonicare toothbrush?
Once your brush head is no longer effective or are worn out, the Brush Head Replacement reminder icon on the handle will blink amber. This indicates that it is recommended to change your brush head.
Should I keep my toothbrush on the charger?
It is perfectly safe to disconnect the power and leave the brush fitted to the charging stand. Doing so will keep the toothbrush upright and reduce any potential risk and damage to the toothbrush. Leaving the power cable connected is generally fine also, but it is not necessarily required.