- 1 What Does flashing light on Sonicare mean?
- 2 How do you reset a Sonicare toothbrush?
- 3 Why has my Sonicare toothbrush stopped working?
- 4 What do you do if your Sonicare won’t charge?
- 5 What is the life expectancy of a Philips Sonicare toothbrush?
- 6 What does W mean on Philips Sonicare?
- 7 How do I reset my electric toothbrush?
- 8 Do Sonicare toothbrushes have a lifetime warranty?
- 9 Why did my electric toothbrush stop working?
- 10 Can the battery be replaced in a Philips Sonicare?
- 11 What is the lifespan of an electric toothbrush?
- 12 How do I know if my electric toothbrush is charging?
What Does flashing light on Sonicare mean?
When the Philips Sonicare ExpertClean is placed on the charger, the battery light will flash green based on the current battery level: If 1 LED light is flashing: Battery is low. If 2 LED lights are flashing: Battery is half-full. If 3 LED lights are flashing: Battery is full.
How do you reset a Sonicare toothbrush?
Instructions on how to reset your Sonicare toothbrush
- Place your handle on the charger.
- Press and hold the power button together with the intensity button (intensity up) and the mode button for at least 2 seconds.
- You will hear 3 beeps and see the battery light flashing green.
Why has my Sonicare toothbrush stopped working?
The power button is stuck Toothpaste residue can build up in the small gap around the power button. This might cause the power button to get stuck and not function properly. Clean the power button and the area around it with a damp cloth to make sure it is free of debris.
What do you do if your Sonicare won’t charge?
If the battery will not recharge, the entire Sonicare toothbrush must be replaced. Place the bottom of the Sonicare toothbrush into the charger. Plug the charger into a live outlet. Allow the toothbrush to charge for 24 hours.
What is the life expectancy of a Philips Sonicare toothbrush?
The average life span of an electric toothbrush is 3-5 years.
What does W mean on Philips Sonicare?
Your Philips Sonicare toothbrush comes with three different intensity settings: low, medium, and high. The following toothbrush head models have BrushSync technology: C3 Premium Plaque Control, G3 Premium Gum Care, W3 Premium White, W DiamondClean.
How do I reset my electric toothbrush?
To turn the toothbrush off, hold the on/off button until the brush stops. When you turn it back on again, it will be back in Daily Clean mode. You can reset the handle by holding on/off button for 10 seconds. All the lights should do a double-blink simultaneously to let you know that this has been successful.
Do Sonicare toothbrushes have a lifetime warranty?
How long is the warranty on a Sonicare electric toothbrush? The good news is that the brush is covered by a 2 year warranty/guarantee as standard.
Why did my electric toothbrush stop working?
There are two main causes for charging faults inside the toothbrush, either damaged components for example from being dropped or from water seeping inside, or a failed battery.
Can the battery be replaced in a Philips Sonicare?
The rechargeable battery inside your Philips Sonicare Toothbrush cannot be replaced. If you are discarding your Sonicare Toothbrush, you can remove its battery to recycle it.
What is the lifespan of an electric toothbrush?
The average life span of an electric toothbrush is around 5 years. Manufacturers normally offer a 2 year warranty should the brush fail sooner. But some brushes will last a lot longer — we know of people still using electric toothbrushes that are 10 years old.
How do I know if my electric toothbrush is charging?
The best way to check whether the Oral-B Vitality brush is charging is to pick the toothbrush up off the charger after 30 minutes and switch it on. If it comes to life, you know it’s charging. Switch it back off and leave it on the charging stand for the full 16 hours it needs to complete a full charge.