Which electric toothbrush is the best to buy?
Try one of these dentist-recommended electric toothbrushes.
- Best Overall: Oral-B GENIUS X Electric Toothbrush.
- Best Sonicare: Philips Sonicare DiamondClean Toothbrush.
- Best Oral-B: Oral-B Pro 1000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush Powered by Braun.
- Best Battery-Operated: Foreo ISSA 2 Toothbrush.
Do dentists recommend Oral-B or Sonicare?
For the most part, though, the dentists we spoke with still recommend classics like Philips Sonicare and Oral-B because of the years of scientific research behind them. That’s not to say the shiny new toothbrush you bought from an Instagram ad won’t clean your teeth.
What is the best electric toothbrush 2021?
Best electric toothbrush for 2021
- Best overall electric toothbrush. Hum by Colgate.
- Best simple electric toothbrush. Quip.
- Best electric toothbrush with water flosser. Waterpik Complete Care 5.0 Water Flosser.
- Best high-end electric toothbrush. Oral-B iO.
- Best electric toothbrush for sensitive gums.
Do electric toothbrushes damage teeth?
Used properly, an electric toothbrush should not hurt your gums or enamel but instead promote overall oral health. Many people are guilty of brushing too hard, which can, over time, cause irreversible damage to tooth enamel and can cause receding gums, which is also irreversible.
How often should you replace your toothbrush?
“The average person should be swapping out for a new toothbrush every three to four months,” explains Dr. Sienna Palmer, DDS, dentist at Meridien Dental in Santa Monica, CA. “This is recommended to ensure that the bristles are still effective and bacteria accumulation on the toothbrush is minimal.”